Click here (Word document) to get a list of the new books added to the Central Library’s earth science collection in April.
Imperial’s ICT dept are running a 2-day beginners course for postgraduates in LaTeX next month. No previous experience is assumed. The course costs £50.
It is a completely hands-on course and covers the following areas:.
- When, why and where LaTeX?
- Your first LaTeX document
- Complex documents – Cross-referencing of text and maths, bibliographies, document
- Styles for theses and journal articles
- Resources for LaTeX on the internet
For more information and registration instructions see the Latex course poster (PDF).
Click here (PDF document) to get a list of the new books added to the Central Library’s earth science collection in March.
All Imperial staff & students now have access to practically all journal titles and all volumes & issues from the American Geophysical Union (AGU) journal collection. The only exceptions are Earth Interactions (access from 1997-2008 only) & Radio Science (access from vol. 4 onwards).
Up until now you only had access to the current content (e.g. 2002 onwards) – but you now have access to the archives. Also, you didn’t have access to any of the content from journals such as Global Biogeochemical Cycles before today – but you do now.
The titles within the AGU journal collection are listed below. The Library is in the process of updating the entries on the catalogue for all of these titles – but you can now access them here.
- Earth Interactions
- Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems
- Geophysical Research Letters
- Global Biogeochemical Cycles
- International Journal of Geomagnetism and Aeronomy
- Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems
- Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics
- Radio Science
- Reviews of Geophysics
- Space Weather
- Water Resources Research
The Library recently purchased subscriptions to these 2 e-journal titles in recognition of the increasing importance which nuclear engineering research now plays at Imperial College:
- Nuclear Science and Engineering: access from 1997 (ISSN: 0029-5639)
- Nuclear Technology: access from 1997 (ISSN: 0029-5450)
And we have also purchased the backfiles for these journal titles:
- Annals of Nuclear Energy: coverage starts from 1975
- Progress in Nuclear Energy: coverage starts from 1977
All of these e-journals are available via the library website.
The new issue of Impact, the library newsletter, is out now. You can pick up a copy from your local library, or you can read the online version by clicking on the cover image on the right.
In this issue there are features on:
- New backfiles (e.g. Nature and Elsevier’s Enery & Power backfile)
- the new Library Startegy, 2010-2014
- Art in the Library
Traces of asbestos have been found in storage buildings at the British Library in Boston Spa. This means some areas will be closed temporarily and certain services may be unavailable.
Work has started on the removal of the asbestos and will continue through 2011. Up to 30% of document delivery material may be affected.
However the British Library is prioritising universities such as Imperial College for any document delivery requests they receive. The Library will of course be looking for other locations to fulfil document delivery requests if delays occur.